3 years full time position at BluSense Diagnostics, Denmark
Are you ready to work in a rapidly growing Biotech start-up? Helping out with your initiative and your problem-solving attitude? We are looking for you to join our great team!
Blusense Diagnostics is seeking a motivated PhD student with strong background within biochemistry. The PhD project is a part of the European Innovative Training Network SuperCol.
BluSense Diagnostics uses an opto-magnetic based method to quantify biomarker induced agglutination of magnetic particles. The magnetic nanoparticles are conjugated with capture molecules (antigens or antibodies), to allow specific agglutination. The density of capture molecules and the passivation are critical for the performance of the magnetic nanoparticles, and can be tuned to optimize sensitivity, specificity, obtain super-selectivity or an extended dynamic range of the response.
You will work in our Biochem team with conjugation of magnetic nanoparticles, characterization of the particles, as well as evaluation of the sensor performance for dengue fever biomarkers detection.
The period of employment is 3 years.
- Develop a generic chemical protocol to vary the density of capture molecules on magnetic particles.
- Develop a generic method to label the active sites with ssDNA and fluorescent labelled target molecules.
- Study structure-function relationship that links the particle structure to sensor performance.
- Study the effect of biological media on the activity of functional groups on the magnetic particles.
- Report results to EU.
- Document you work in experimental reports for BluSense Diagnostics.
- You have experience with bio-conjugation and/or click-chemistry
- You can perform statistical analyses of data to evaluate performance of an assay
- You have excellent communication skills in English, written and oral
- You are an Early-Stage Researcher in your first four years of research
- You have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree
- You have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the start date
- You have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree
BluSense Diagnostics is an award-winning, innovative start-up in the med-tech business, working hard to become the global leader within infectious point-of-care diagnostics! We combine complex scientific areas such as nanotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, optics, hardware and software engineering in developing the next generation of point-of-care testing for infectious diseases such as dengue fever which affects over 390 million human beings each year!
We are a highly motivated team of 50+ employees from 20 nations, with offices in Denmark and Taiwan. We have a clear ambition to retain and develop a great work environment and a strong business performance.
About the SuperCol Project
SuperCol establishes a unique and well-structured training network with leading R&D labs from European universities and industry in the domain of correlative microscopy and colloidal sciences. The 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) will form a research team that is embedded in leading industrial and academic R&D labs. This will bridge the gap between the various disciplines by uniting their research efforts to solve the challenges.
The SuperCol project is supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (ITN) under grant No. 860914. The vacancy is open to candidates who are in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree (Eligibility rule), and who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment (Mobility rule). If you are interested but your situation does not conform to the Mobility rule, please refer to www.supercol.eu to see if there is another position in the SuperCol network that would suit you.
How to apply
Please apply via the Hub and attach the following documents in one PDF file:
- Application letter explaining your personal motivation (maximum 1 page)
- Full list of credits and grades, including (if finished) a copy of your MSc thesis. Please submit this document in English
Please reach out to Jeppe Fock, Senior Researcher, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this position or about BluSense Diagnostics.